Monday, February 22, 2010

When you just know


It should actually say when I just know......

When Dave tells me he will leave work at 4 and get home for 5, I just know that he will be late.... I used to get cross, frustrated and angry, but now I don't because I expect it. They say expect the unexpected, but it's less stressful to expect the expected!

When my daughter tells me she will get her bag ready for school the next day, I just know that she won't and that I will have to remind her to do it again, and again and again.

When I ask my son to do something, he will say, I was just about to do that, and I know he wasn't but he feels it will make me think better of him and it does, which makes it work for the both of us. My son is an intelligent soul, he knows how to endear people to him which is a valuable quality to have.

For years and years I used to wait for Dave, wait for him to finish work so we could go swimming together, have lunch together, walk home together, go shopping or so I could give him a lift home. It's sounding like I did not have a life of my own and I spent my life waiting for my conjoined twin to finish work! All this waiting was planned, I didn't wait for him all the time, only if our work schedules matched. Planned waiting you say? Planned waiting? Well, the plan was to meet up and then do things together after work, but somehow, I ended up waiting for him to finish. I wasn't early, he was always snowed under with work.... and after 18 years, things have not changed much apart from I no longer wait. I just carry on without him and he joins us when he can. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment