Friday, February 12, 2010

When friends forget you exist

There are times in life when I feel as though my friends have forgotten I exist... in most cases, the friends which are true friends, the ones that will come no matter what time I call, will never make me feel like this. I have friends whom I don't speak to for months on end, but I think about them and they me and we just catch up now and then and pick up where we left off.

There is another category of friends, the ones that befriend you because you are interesting, something fresh, the friendship develops and you get along fine... you get from each other as much as you give. The relationship is good, you have fun, you have someone to talk to, someone to bounce ideas off, another opinion. The balance then for some unknown reason shifts, and you slowly realise that that friend now is distancing themselves. You let it pass, everybody needs space. Time goes on, it's still the same... is it the end????

No comments:

Post a Comment