Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finding some space


Today, after a lovely meal of savoury pancakes for dinner, a dinner made by everyone in the family, I felt very tired and in need of some peace. I guess PMT is late this month. M and J were behaving well, lots of chatter and they were getting along, which is always lovely. I just needed a few minutes to myself, so, I went to my bedroom, only to be followed by Mitch, the cat and finally Jasmine, so much for me time... LOL. I explained what I needed and they left one by one leaving the cat behind.

Mitch has begun to grow up, first he asked for jeans, never ever wanting to wear them in the past. More recently, he's asked for boxer shorts, always steering clear of these, preferring briefs to shorts. Guess puberty's beginning to kick in and he's getting a bit self- conscious.

Jas too is developing, she has curves but is a bit apple shaped. I have bought her some training bras, but she's not keen on them. She's a pudding and pumpkin, beautiful but a bit overweight. She tends to shy away from physical activity.. we are working on that. Watch this space.

We all had some me time today, Mitch went to the beach with the McKays. Dave played tennis at 4pm, I went to yoga this morning, and what a class it was, am truly knackered. Jasmine had some time alone whilst Dave tried to set up the turbo trainer.

A new week has begun 553 days left in Trinidad.....

I have borrowed a book from Moksha that has some quotations that I like. Have been sharing them on FB.
This one has significance in my life right now,
Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit and resign yourself to the influences of each.... Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment