Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Carnival 2K10, Trinidad.






Sooooooo, I have heard about how great it all is, how I should play mas, I will have the time of my life etc etc. Well, went to see it today and guess what? I wasn't so wowed as I thought I would be....the players in the different bands and sections in their lovely costumes parading the streets from the Savannah, walking close to the huge trucks that had massive speakers pumping out the soca beat for the revellers to chip along the road to, palancing down the road, palancin, palancin... I didn't sense a happy atmosphere, not many were smiling. It just struck me as odd! This is the one thing that Trinidadians all look forward to, a great time, palancin, loud music playing, food and drink flowing....

Perhaps if I was playing I might have felt different... nothing like taking part to get into the carnival mood.... we'll see, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment