Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dress to short?



So, today, Wednesday, just had a lovely morning with Dina, a neighbour, it was the first time I have been to her house. She's Ukrainian and is married to Jeremy, an American and has 2 boys, Michael and George. We chatted freely from dieting to marital problems LOL. I like her a lot and think we will become good friends in time to come.

I had to do the shopping next, so came home, swept the floor, played bejewelled, I know, I know, I'm addicted. Well, famville was playing up and I couldn't be bothered with it, so bejewelled it was. We are having friends over for dinner tonight, traditional roast dinner. Shopping had to be got, chicken, veges, chipolatas, bacon, potatoes...... Roast chicken, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrots, snow peas, and roast potatoes for the meat eaters, and some tilapia in butter, cream for Dave. Debbie loves pork, and so do the kids, so I'm also going to roast some belly pork alongside the chicken. What to have for starters? Probably some bruschetta with tepanade, and tomatoes perhaps. Chocolate for dessert.
Showered and dressed in a short dress, I was ready to leave, was gonna wear this dress but it kept falling of my bust, must have toned up in that area, so had to get changed! Wore one of Dave's favourite dresses of mine, short mock wrap style with ties at the back, black and cream patterned... it came to about 6 inches above my knees. Off I drove to the shops in my kitten healed toe post mules. When I got out to cross the road, as I had parked in the mall car park, traffic stopped for me, strange? Then I got looks, from both men and women, women who took a double take, is that dress too short for Hi-Lo? Men just blatantly staring, ooh, I sure felt like a hussy. Hehehehehe. I took note, straightened my back, walked tall into Hi-Lo and did the shopping, trying to ignore the looks I was continuing to get.

Shopping done, next to the mall, had to get Mitch some construction supplies for his project- building a village. I walked tall, with a purpose, no dilly dallying, got the craft stuff , then off to find the dark chocolate for pudding. Peppercorns, next stop, found the chocs, paid and left. On way back to car, walking the full length of the mall, again looks, this time an older Chinese gent was looking straight at me, I smiled and got a smile back- how lovely, perhaps he thought I was a hooker, but I didn't care hahahaha.

On my way back to the car, I spot a familiar face, Simon who was working in Tobago til recently, and now back in Trinidad. Hugs and kisses exchanged, chatted briefly and off home I trotted.

So, what's the verdict? Dress too short? Hmmmmmmmm.....
(Top picture is of the dress, well, the top half of the dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment